Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Yo...got me some new hoop shoes today...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I figure I'll start playing basketball again sooner or later...so I got some new shoes today...and if you don't like how they look, I don't care...I don't buy shoes on looks...I buy on performance...and I've had good luck with the adidas Bromium's...which is what these are...

    bromium?bcUJ979AunHLnJ2h

    <font color="#e2f137" size="1">[ November 05, 2002 04:26 PM: Message edited by: ek3 ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you buy shoes on performance???

    does that explain your...er...'flip flops'? [img]confused.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I buy basketball shoes on performance...I buy flip-flops because they are comfortable...understand?...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member GravyTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    4,143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    You get a big thumbs up from me. I agree with the fact that Adidas allows for great performance. I also will agree that they last quite a long time, which is what I prefer to base my shoe choice on. I like to budget about 25 dollars a year to knew shoes. This explains why I have had the same pairs of shoes since I graduated high school. Any help would be greatly appreciated you can make all checks out to GravyTrain and send them to my home address. I also accept all major credit cards through paypal.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL!!!!

    i can see it now:

    you get all these checks made out to 'gravytrain'
    and you can't do anything with 'em. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member soulfilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2000
    Posts
    838
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the only way for me to need new sports shoes is to outgrow them.

    for some reason, i am cursed with the inability to ruin my joggers. my current pair (of boring nikes) are six years old!! and look like they can last for another 5 years!! this is ridiculous!! i don't really play sport so there's no real reason for me to buy new joggers when my old ones are still fine but... I WANNA NEW PAIR!! i usually don't like black sports shoes - they tend to look grubby.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member GravyTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    4,143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, if they were made out to GravyTrain, all I would have to do is right For Deposit Only on the back of the check and cash them at my bank. It is as simple as that. When i was in high school, we did a bunch of fund raisers and that is what we had to do because people put the stupidest names on the checks on who they wrote them too. So we just wrote that on the back and the bank cashed them.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]eek.gif[/img] ...Am I reading this wrong...or does this last post really not make any sense?...

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    all posts in this thread make perfect sense

  10. #10
    Inactive Member GravyTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    4,143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The only thing that doesn't make sense in that post is that I misspelled the word "write" in the first sentence. I spelled it right and I can see how that could cause some confusion. If you still do not understand after that clarification, I don't guess we will have to worry about you getting arrested for check fraud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •